The holidays are all about connecting with the people we care about — and that makes this the ideal time of year to show patients how much you value their business. Here are some ideas any dental practice can put into place for strengthening bonds with patients at the holidays.
- Get festive. Decorate your waiting area and treatment rooms with holiday finery. Play holiday music over the loudspeaker. Have an "ugly sweater" contest for your staff (and patients!).
- Mail out greeting cards. This is also a good excuse to confirm your patients' mailing addresses and make sure your records are up to date. Lighthouse 360 lets you text directly with patients one-on-one, so you can confirm their information without disrupting their day. Send happy holidays greeting cards or postcards signed by the whole team.
- Do good for others. Why not hold a food drive or toy drive? Ask your patients to bring in canned and boxed foods, or new, unwrapped toys, that you'll collect and donate to a local charity. Everyone likes to give back during the holidays, and this approach makes it easy for patients to do so.
- Hold an open house. Have a holiday open house where you serve refreshments and welcome patients to drop by during a certain time frame. If that sounds too disruptive to the office, how about having holiday treats or hot apple cider available for patients while they wait? (Since you'll be cleaning their teeth after they eat, it's okay for them to indulge in a few sweets.)
- Send holiday emails. You can use Lighthouse 360 email templates to create targeted emails with holiday themes, special year-end treatment offers, or New Year’s greetings.
- Give out goodies. Wrap little stocking stuffers, like packs of sugarless gum, toy cars or fidget spinners, and put them under a Christmas tree or in a big grab basket. Let each patient pick out one gift to unwrap after their appointment.
- Socialize. Keep your social media presence going strong throughout the holidays with photos of the festivities at your practice. With Lighthouse 360, it's easy to upload photos to your website or share them on Facebook from within the Lighthouse portal.
These seven steps will help remind your patients of your practice through the holidays and into the coming year.