Is growing your dental practice on your list of New Year’s resolutions? Get 2017 rolling with these 8 marketing ideas that will help make this your best year yet.
- Reach out to patients who haven't visited in a while. Reactivating dormant patients can be an easy way to get additional business. Use a tool like Lighthouse 360 that automatically sends customized emails or letters to dormant patients.
- Cross-market your business. Find businesses that are complementary to your practice, but not competitive, and see what type of cross-marketing plan you can set up. For example, if you specialize in cosmetic dentistry, perhaps some local plastic surgeons would be interested in recommending your practice to their patients, and vice versa.
- Build your reputation as a dental expert. Writing for industry publications or blogs, or becoming an expert resource for journalists in the dental industry, will help raise your profile and position you as an expert. You can display copies of the articles in your office to help build patients' confidence and make them more likely to refer friends and family members to your practice.
- Optimize your website for search. “Set it and forget it" should not be your approach to your practice’s website. It's important to update it regularly and make sure that it's optimized for search engines. Using keywords that prospective patients use when they look for dentists, such as "children's dentist" or "dentist in [your city],” will help ensure that your website ranks high in search engines. It's worth enlisting an expert to help with your search engine optimization (SEO) if you don't have the time or inclination to handle it yourself.
- Focus on local search. List your practice on local search directories such as Google My Business, using local terms such as the name of your city or neighborhood. Make sure your practice’s address, phone number and hours are consistent across all local search directories. This will help people find you when they're looking for dentists in your area.
- Try paid online advertising. Boost your search results even further by using pay-per-click online ads to promote your business to prospective customers. Use keywords in your ad headlines; be sure to clearly state the benefit your practice offers and what differentiates your practice from your competitors.
- Try content marketing. Lots of people search online for medical and dental information. Create articles or blog posts answering common questions dental patients have, and use good SEO to promote them and attract visitors to your website. Informative articles will also give prospective patients confidence in your expertise.
- Think visual. Photos and videos get attention, so use them on your website. Posting photos of yourself and your staff will make patients feel more comfortable with you. You could also create videos explaining your procedures, showing off your technology or demonstrating dental care techniques. Lighthouse 360’s photo widget makes it easy to upload photos and create galleries on your website.