Is your dental practice’s social media marketing getting lackluster results? If your social media engagement isn’t living up to your expectations, it’s time to make some changes. Here are five tips to take your social media marketing up a notch.
- Be consistent. Many dental practices start off strong when establishing a social media presence. Then they stop keeping up with social media and their posting frequency dwindles to a trickle. It’s easy to get sidetracked from social with everything going on in your busy practice, but consistency is important to maintain an active presence that keeps customers engaged. Take baby steps: Aim to regularly post three times a week, and then increase your frequency to once a day or more. Lighthouse software makes posting quick and convenient, so it’s easier to maintain a consistent cadence.
- Target the right audience. Facebook advertising allows you to narrowly target specific markets with your posts. If you want to attract more families to your practice, for instance, you can target parents of young children in your area. Are you seeking to grow your cosmetic dentistry practice? Target members of Facebook singles groups, or groups for divorced people, who want to look their best for the dating game.
- Involve your team. Your front desk employees are the “face” of your practice, so why not make them the face of your social media as well? After all, they’re a big part of the reason your patients keep coming back. Post profiles of your staff members so patients can learn more about them, and share news about their lives, like a baby on the way, completing a marathon, or getting engaged. (Make sure your staff is OK with this, of course.) Put your most “social” staffer in charge of handling the practice’s social presence. Lighthouse software integrates with Facebook, so your team won’t have to take time out of their busy day to keep your posts current—they can post right from the Lighthouse portal.
- Spotlight your patients. Social media is just another way to build relationships with your patients, so make them part of the action. Pick a “Patient of the Month” and feature them on Facebook. Every Throwback Thursday, share before-and-after photos of patients who have had tooth whitening, caps or other procedures that make a visible difference in their smiles. (Get their permission first.) With Lighthouse software’s easy-to-use widget, posting photos and creating galleries on your website is a snap, and so is posting them on Facebook.
- Share your community involvement. Does your dental practice support a local community organization or charity? Telling people about it on social media is a great way to raise awareness for your cause while also highlighting your practice’s socially responsible actions. People like to do business with professionals who support the community. You can even get your patients involved, too. For instance, if your practice supports a local homeless shelter, ask patients to donate clothing, blankets or canned goods. Make it a competition and post photos of your patients delivering their donations to your office.
The more you put into social media, the more you’ll get back. When you use Lighthouse software, it’s easy to do.